Thursday, September 30, 2010

Yes...it is true.

Many of you have been asking and it is time to share...

On March 21st, 2010, we will be welcoming a little baby into this world. Hard to imagine, I know, but we are so thankful. I keep thinking about all the changes this baby is going to bring and the only thing that I keep coming back to is this: Phil and I can't do this on our own. We know little about parenting and little about babies. However, we have a community around us that I know will be right by our side in raising this child. Many who will teach us how to love deeper then we ever have before.



I am 15 weeks along and I know many have been asking for pictures so here we go!

Week 15

Week 14

Week 12

Week 6


It's funny how things come full circle and by no coincidence at all! I took the pregnancy test back on Tuesday, July 27, 2010. Let me tell you a little bit about what was happening this week. Over the previous weeks, Phil had been applying for a job back in Ohio at my home church Living Water. This had been a long, tedious process. We were to find out if he got this position over the coming weekend. I had prayed so much about this that I was finally to a place where I felt such peace about whether we were to move to Ohio or stay in Wisconsin. At the end of June, I was offered a 2nd grade teaching position in the Janesville School District and I was ecstatic! Dream job with a dream team! It seemed like it couldn't get any better! However, the principal and I had many discussions about the different possibilities that could be in the future and by the weekend as well, I needed to let her know if I was going to be able to stay to teach or would I need to be replaced. More over, the only thing I wanted to do was call my mom. Easy right? Well not when the family is half way across the world in a land where cell phones sometimes work. :) And I couldn't bare with telling my family over the phone! So...all this to say...I was a mess for a few days. : ) God why now? Aren't our plans good enough? Yeah, right. A quick lesson I was learning yet again. His plan IS the plan! The only plan!

We made it through the week and yes, Phil did get the worship leading position back in Ohio. About two weeks later, there were many sad goodbyes as we had to leave many close friends in Janesville.  We are back close to our family's and trying to live in the plan the Lord has for us here. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh Hannah this is so GREAT! I could not be happier for you and at this moment I just keep remembering Jesse teasing you about getting pregnant on the honeymoon! I love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Hannah! You are going to be such a good mother :) so happy for the two of you, and glad to see you're back close to home! God tends to take care of us in life. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete